Thursday, June 18, 2009

Don't tell me that they don't know where we live...

This is the letter that I just sent the Fucking Communications Clusterfuck (FCC) about how after 5.5 days of "digital transmissions," I'VE LOST ALL OF MY FUCKING TELEVISION SIGNALS ALTOGETHER.

Happened NOT that long after I posted my last M.O.B. rant, including a few choice words for Michael Powell et al., including Lowry Mays, Rupert Murdoch, and the rest of those corporate whores. Think that there's no connection? Feel free to speculate. Enjoy the letter, and I can't WAIT to see if it gets bounced by a fucking LANGUAGE BOT.

TO: consumersupport@dtv2009.gov

"1. When I received my two coupons, I tried to redeem them and purchase DTV adapter boxes for 2 televisions (AT $15-40 ABOVE THE "$40" PRICE LISTED BY YOUR WEBSITES & PROMOS), but the closest Wal-Mart never had the boxes, or only had ONE when I had the money to waste ON the damned boxes.

2. When the conversion was announced (after Michael Powell had left office with very full pockets from Sony/Viacom, Panasonic, Disney/ABC, Universal/NBC & all cable providers), WE WERE TOLD THAT OUR ORIGINAL RABBIT-EAR ANTENNAS WOULD BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL WITH THE NEW (cheaper to broadcast, as if they don't make ENOUGH money off of overvalued advertising revenue) DIGITAL SIGNAL. After 5 days of receivng 2/3 of the stations that I could pick up via analog broadcast, I LOST THE SIGNAL ENTIRELY. FOR EVERY CHANNEL IN MY ENTIRE VIEWING RANGE. Before this crap, I could get (in Louisiana) Channels 9, 19, 21, 27, 33, 44 & 50. AFTER the digital screw-over, I could receive 2 (then IT went away and I could only get Channel 3 from Alexandria, the OTHER ABC/Disney affiliate), 9, 27, 33, 44 & 50. Then as of 11P last night, I can no longer receive ANY SIGNALS, FROM ANY STATIONS, ANYWHERE. I spent a good half-hour to forty-five minutes on the phone with one of your (no-bid) subcontractors, a very nice young lady, who walked me through the exact same process as I'd used to set this joke box up in the FIRST place, except that she took one extra step, of cutting-off the power-supply (surge protector) to the TV, VCR/DVD, and adapter box. And guess what? BUPKIS. Great way to spend tax money, geniuses @ the FCC. Makes me glad that I don't work in radio anymore, 'cause I'd be ashamed to carry my FCC license on me.

3. Now I'm supposed to call an 800# for some carpetbagging strangers, from who knows where, to come into my house (where I live happily single), when I've never met these people before in my life, nor do I have any way to contact their supervisors if they screw the situation up even WORSE, as they obviously don't have a local office or headquarters, just an 800# call center that's probably in the Phillipines or Mumbai. Greaaaaat. Well, at least the (no-bid) subcontractors who handled YOUR 800# were IN THIS COUNTRY, or at least she SOUNDED like she was in this country. And they'll go through the exact steps that I went through myself, as well as when I went through them with the nice young lady on the phone, and will probably get the EXACT SAME RESULTS AS I DID, as apart from giving me a new antenna for free (as if!), THERE'S NOTHING DIFFERENT THAT THEY CAN POSSIBLY DO. Again, BRILLIANT way to spend tax money. I know that the current FCC administration didn't create this clusterfuck, the crooked-as-hell republicunts did, but y'all are still stuck CLEANING UP THEIR MESS, as is the rest of the country. In other words, IT'S YOUR JOB NOW, SO YOU MIGHT WANNA FIGURE OUT SOME MORE-EFFICIENT WAYS OF GETTING IT DONE, THAN HIRING EIGHTY DIFFERENT LEVELS OF SUBCONTRACTORS, none of whose work offers any guarantee of consistent quality.

4. Lastly, and I really do hope that this e-mail gets passed onto someone who might actually be able to do more than DELETE it and pretend that I never sent it: NICE WAY TO FUCK OVER THE POOR PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY, ONE MORE DAMNED TIME. We can't afford cable or satellite, or we live in disabled/subsidized housing where we're not ALLOWED to hire satellite TV (which ought to be FREE any damned way, as WE STILL HAVE TO SIT THROUGH CRAPPY COMMERCIALS TO SEE THEIR PROGRAMMING, SO THEY OUGHT TO BE PAYING *US* FOR WATCHING THEIR SCHLOCK!!!), and rabbit-ears are all that we can afford. I bought a new pair of rabbit years LESS THAN A YEAR AGO, and now they're telling me THAT I NEED A NEW "DIGITAL" ANTENNA. Your "PSAs" about "The Big Switch " (more like The Big Bend Over The Barrel Like THE GIMP"!!!) LIED TO ALL OF US AND ***INSISTED*** THAT WE WOULD *NOT* NEED TO CHANGE OUR ANTENNAS, INDOOR OR OUT, IN ORDER TO GET ACCESS TO THE "WONDERFUL" NEW "DIGITAL" (cheaply compressed, seizure-inducing pixellation CRAP!!!) SIGNALS. Why did y'all even BOTHER TO LIE, when we MIGHT have been able to get the damned antennas when we got the stupid Chinese-made CONVERTER BOXES??!?!!??! WHY DO YOU WAIT 'TIL THE LAST DAMNED MINUTE TO TELL US THAT WE'VE GOT TO SHILL-OUT ANOTHER ***THIRTY DAMNED DOLLARS*** BECAUSE YOUR "WONDERFUL" CONVERTER BOXES ***DON'T*** ACTUALLY WORK SO DAMNED GREAT ***AFTER ALL***?!?!??!!? What's the freaking point of HAVING the converter boxes (which, btw, Radio Shack is selling at a THIRTY-DOLLAR MARK-UP ABOVE THE $40 COUPON, SO STOP GIVING *THOSE* PROFITEERING JERKS THE FREE ADVERTISING!!!) IF WE STILL GET ROBBED FOR ANOTHER THIRTY BUCKS?!?!?! ***AND WHY IN THE ***HELL*** AREN'T THERE ANY *COUPONS* AVAILABLE FOR THE NEW DAMNED "DIGITAL" ANTENNAS?!?!?!?!?! IF YOU'RE GOING TO *FORCE* THE PUBLIC, TO WHOM THE BROADCAST AIRWAVES BELONG IN THE FIRST DAMNED PLACE --- IF YOU'RE GOING TO **FORCE*** US TO LAY OUT UP TO OR MORE THAN SIXTY FUCKING DOLLARS IN ORDER TO GET ACCESS TO **OUR OWN** AIRWAVES, THEN ***YOU*** GENIUSES AND YOUR CORPORATE TV MASSAHS SHOULD HAVE TO PAY US FOR THE PRIVILEGE!!!!!! And hell yes, this applies quadruple to that corporate whore Michael Powell. I want a damned DISCOUNT on that damned "digital" antenna, and everyone else WHO REFUSES TO PAY FOR PROGRAMMING OVERRUN WITH ADVERTISING, JUST LIKE THE FREE CRAP, DESERVES TO *NOT* HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR BAIT-AND-SWITCH SCAM TACTICS! STOP LYING TO THE AMERICAN PUBLIC AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS INTENTIONAL "HEY, LET'S SCREW THE POOR AGAIN, IT'S NOT LIKE THEY HAVE ANY *RIGHTS* OR *RECOURSE*!!!" LITTLE CIRCLE-JERK. And ADMIT, in public, that y'all LIED YOUR FACES OFF FROM THE GET-GO, about how "smoothly" and "easiliy" this transfer would go, AND about how much it's ACTUALLY GOING TO COST THE POOR PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY, WHO *DON'T* LIVE IN GATED COMMUNITIES OVERLOOKING GOLF COURSES, AS I'M SURE THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE PAID-OFF-BY-VIACOM MANAGEMENT OF THE FCC DOES.

Obama promised us change, and the FCC is robbing us blind. Greaaat. I know that he's got a lot of work on his desk, he "inherited" the biggest INTENTIONAL screwups perpetrated against this country since the birth of Ronald Reagan, but it'd be nice if someone brought this to his attention. We're in THE biggest economic collapse in the history of the country, INTENTIONALLY BROUGHT-ON BY THE MONEYED ELITE WHO'VE BEEN RUNNING THE JOINT SINCE THE GOT TO BILL CLINTON (who may or may not have ever actually been a Democrat), and well before, actually, going all the way back to Nazi munitions-supplier PRESCOT BUSH --- and yet our own governmental agency, the people who are supposed to be the stewards of OUR airwaves, not Viacom's, not Infinity/CBS/Sony's, not the evil and dreaded DISNEY'S --- OUR AIRWAVES, and THIS is what y'all do with that responsibility? SCREW OVER THE POOR ONE MORE TIME? Nice. $25-30 might not mean anything to y'all, but it's a big chunk of my monthly disability income, that I could otherwise spend on medicine or food, because the "governor" of Louisiana is trying to destroy Medicaid, food stamps, and public schools. He'd very much like to institute a full-bore CASTE SYSTEM here (just like in India), where the poor will die out from malnutrition, preventable diseases, and no opportunity to ever get past their high school diplomas or (he'd prefer, if you don't do parochial school) GEDs --- this is what Piyush Jindal wants to "accomplish" before he tries to run for president in 2012. And y'all just helped him screw the poor just a little bit harder. No hug, no kiss, no reacharound.

Thanks ever so.

Oh, and if you doubt anything that I've said about Louisiana under the Jindal regime, ask Donna Brazile, she knows. She may be the last honest woman (aside from the First Lady) LEFT in D.C. (well, Barbara Boxer, too, but she's got her own problems to handle right now), but Donna KNOWS. And hopefully, someday, we'll get her to come home and run Piyush out of the governor's mansion.

So what now? Will any of these e-mails be answered or fixed? Granted, I'm not holding my breath, but I'd be flabbergasted if any of us actually got any HELP out of this.

-- (A.S.C.)"

1 comment:

Anntichrist S. Coulter said...

Not one single comment.

Well fuck me sideways and call me Lefty.

Makes me wonder why I even bother, honestly.

The readership, even the "accidental" referrals from bestiality google searches has dropped-off CONSIDERABLY since the fucking PLAGUE SIGN WAS POSTED ON HERE, THANKS TO CHICKENSHIT REPUBLICUNTS RUNNING TO BLOGGER LIKE AUNT PITTY-PAT, SCREAMING ABOUT US GIVING THEM "THE VAPORS".

Well, fuckit.

If our semi-faithful visitors are put off by THAT horseshit, then they didn't really give a fuck in the first place, did they.

As, I'm learning more and more as I skid into my dotage, applies to more than a couple of people whom I'd been naive enough to consider my "friends."

I *know* who my REAL friends are, and that they're not going anywhere. The rest of rotters can just kiss my wide, white, gelatinous tattooed ass.