Monday, December 7, 2009

The "RAFFLES MIA/APB DISAPPEARED!!!" Post

To preserve the original post, I've moved it here, because it was so damned long and I am so damned tired and my tailbone is trying to murder me, from sitting upright for all these long-assed fucking hours (at least four of them were devoted exclusively to finding Raffles!). The "Mission Accomplished" is at the main blog.

Many thanks to Terrible, all of the wunnerful women who work for the VA in New Hampshah, and a SAINT named Cindy who got Raffles ON THE PHONE for me!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, December 07, 2009

MIA/APB: RAFFLES HAS BEEN DISAPPEARED!!!

RenB's dad, affectionately known as "Raffles," aka Richard Bodkin of Manchester, New Hampshire, has gone missing. He's a 93-year-old veteran, who fell & fractured (though not a complete break, thankfully) his pelvis/hip right after thanksgiving, out raking leaves, and had surgery at Elliot Hospital in Manchester.

He then went to his other son's house (names will be listed if we don't find him soon) to "recover," and was then to start physical therapy, in-patient or out-patient, through the V.A. Why on earth Medicare didn't send him to his own home with a daily "visitation nurse" to take care of him in his own home, in his own bed, I have no fucking idea. The wicked-witch daughter-in-law kept pushing the "NURSING HOME!!!" meme on him, which Raffles fucking HATED, she kept upsetting Raffles at every opportunity, and then would get on the phone with RenB and start fights with HIM, as if HIS nerves weren't already fucked ENOUGH. Blaming HIM for being in Austria, claiming that he wanted his own father to "die," psycho-cunt/socipathic shit like that. And then, as of December 2nd, "NOBODY" in the Bodkin clan "knows" where Raffles "is."

I shit y'all not. Not only has his other offspring and his wedded tumor done everything possible to emotionally alienate Raffles from RenB, now they have PHYSICALLY and LITERALLY DEPRIVED HIM OF HIS FATHER. I know, I need to google the V.A.s in N.H., I need to get off of my butt and FIND the ol' coot, but I have a hard enough time getting out of the damned bed these days. Much has fallen by the wayside, bills go unpaid, etc. But I can NOT forget about Raffles. I am NOT going to lose another friend this year, dammit. And Ren does NOT need to lose his only father, by any means or manipulation by third parties.

So if anybody up thataway knows anything about V.A. hospitals & nursing homes, please enlighten me, because it's almost been five days, and neither Ren nor I have any idea of where he is, and none of his "family" will tell him ANYTHING about the care/health/location of HIS OWN DAMNED FATHER. Raffles is one of the good ones, dammit, and I intend to do whatever I can to keep his ornery ol' ass on this planet as long as humanly possible. Well, not so much "ornery" as "smartassed," but y'all get the drift. Ren's been in Austria for 30+ years, seen his dad 3 or 4 times, but has been e-mailing and/or calling him on a regular basis all along. There were rough patches, Ren's fucktarded bigot "relatives" constantly bombard him and Raffles with homophobic bullshit, but Raffles knows what's important --- that Ren is his son, and that he loves him. Even though he still has to deal with the waste-of-oxygen types, Raffles sticks up for himself. That's where Ren gets that temper from, y'know. And that ornery/stubborn streak a mile fuckin' wide.

Yes, it IS most likely that Raffles is fine, though infinitely pissed-off, having been stuck into a damned nursing home, which he HATES (who doesn't?!?!), but until RenB or I hear something concrete, we're gonna keep rattling the shutters and banging on the doors. What kind of assholes CUT A MAN OFF FROM HIS 93-YEAR-OLD FATHER?!?!?!?! He's damned lucky to be alive at this point, YOU DO NOT GAMBLE WITH THE TIME THAT HE HAS LEFT ON THIS EARTH. And you sure as hell don't piss it away, playing psychotic little manipulation-games, just to hurt his own SON.

If the aforementioned skank-in-law, or his jellyfish of a "brother," doesn't get in touch with Ren, to let him know where Raffles is currently incarcerated (have YOU ever seen a nursing home that wasn't like jail?!?!? Much less one run by the state or fed???), I'm gonna call the fucking state troopers. Five days is a long damned time to NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, when you're talking about a wounded 93-year-old. No, he didn't lose bone marrow; he hasn't, as far as we know, been afflicted with hospital-borne pneumonia, which kills so many of the elderly; for all we know, he could be up and walking and bitching as we speak.

BUT WE DON'T KNOW, DO WE.

I wish that I had a picture of Raffles to post, but RenB can't find one on his current computer, as they were all on his ol' puter, "Lazarus," which means that they are effectively down the memory hole. How I've been friends with them both for all of these years and never seen a picture of Raffles, I have no idea. But we all know how senile I am. Compared to Raffles, *I* should prolly be in a nursing home, 'cause he's sharper than the proverbial tack and hasn't had a "foggy" day in his life. Certain people might have others BELIEVE that he's "slipping," that he "needs" to be in supervised-care prisons, um, "nursing homes," but HE DOESN'T NEED THAT SHIT. Medicare and the V.A. can send actual REGISTERED Nurses, not LPNs or "nurse-practitioners" who think that they're "DOCTORS," REAL nurses --- right to his home. They were the only real medical care that my Nannie got when the F.U. & her Dick condemned her to death by colon cancer, but somehow, nobody ever intervened or questioned that "medical power of attorney."

Sorry, flashbacks. I can't stand losing people, especially old people that I love. Not overly thrilled when I lose the young ones, either, whether by death or simply their desire to walk out of my life, but life is so fragile after you pass a certain age, no matter how tough the nonagenarian is --- you worry. You worry a LOT. And you miss the hell out of them. I don't want to jinx Raffles by talking about death, but this skeers the shit outta me like when Al Hill died --- I didn't find out for a WEEK after I talked to him in the hospital, and only found out that he'd died BY GOOGLING HIM. When the in-laws are outlaws like what Raffles has, you AUTOMATICALLY suspect the fuckers, especially when they make sure that the ENTIRE FUCKING "FAMILY" SHUTS-OUT THE ONE PERSON WHO LOVES HIM MOST.

Sound familiar? For those of y'all who were around after my Nannie died, you remember how the Fallen Uterus cut me off from all of my nieces & nephews, because she was trying to INVALIDATE Nannie's hand-written will and rob me fucking blind. Most of them, I never have truly gotten those relationships back. And this is what these manipulations smell like to me. And I'm not above publishing home phone numbers if Raffles doesn't surface and soon, either. What are they gonna do, SUE ME? HA! Talk about a waste of lawyer bills... I *know* that they don't want my hoopty old truck or two obese and crotchety cats, and that's all that I've got. A woman with nothing left to lose is a very dangerous individual, indeed. I've been censored by every gaggle of clique-brained breeders, cult freaks, "society" cunts, misogynist swine, inbred redneck mouth-breather "teachers"/"principals," lowlife "bosses," thieving "relatives," and Tammy Faye Bakker look-alike food stamp bitches known to humankind. SKEER ME.
~~~~~~
Elsewhere: Birfday update --- that young whippersnapper Hermes, of Hermes' Journeys, turns all of THIRTY on the 18th of this month, so send him your best wishes and as many wrinkles as possible. Looks like a fucking TEENAGER at the ripe old age of 29. Yeah, THAT'S fair. Right. He'd damned well better drink some tequila for me, is all I'm sayin'.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Anntichrist S. Coulter at 2:34 AM

No comments: