Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vanity, narcissism, melancholy, sentimental foolishness...

It's not often that casual/spontaneous photos are flattering for me, hell, even the posed ones are a crapshoot. So when I get lucky and actually look good, especially at my advanced age (I was fucking HOT when I was 23, dammit, but gravity & surgeries & steroids & sarcoid are a BITCH!!!), I can't help the urge to record those moments, so that somebody, somewhere might remember that I had my good moments, even if I didn't get to keep them. Kinda like the radio production career that I trained like a masochistic marathoner to earn, and didn't get to keep. Kinda like the spoken-word career that I almost had, but didn't get to keep that, either. Wahhh, waaahhhhh, waaaahhhh, whine-whine, bitch-bitch, blah blah blah. Check out this damned dress, though!
This is the best picture that I took in 1994, when Miriam & I got floor seats @ the Dome to see the Rolling Stones for my birthday. Our seats were very separate (and several rows back) from the rest of the station's staff, which may or may not have been on purpose, but we were not a part of that group. But despite that, with Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 at our aide (the REAL shit, not the wussy yuppie-scum 80-proof shit!), we were feeling no pain and only a few moments of rejection, dressed to the damned nines and making several guys get punched by their wives for rubbernecking as we sauntered to our seats.

These are some of my better Halloween pix, though not THE best, I still have to find those again and scan 'em in, somehow, someday...

"K-Mart Blue-Light-Special Dominatrix" 1993

"K-Mart Dominatrix & Peg Bundy," 1993

"Elvis As Played By A Drag Queen @ A Puerto-Rican Wedding On A Mardi Gras Float In Las Vegas," 1994 (with former dear friend Anwer)

my own (6" too tall) interpretation of "Mae West Lives," 2000.

And then, sometimes, I get damned lucky and wind-up looking remotely human without even TRYING, and I just wanna put it out there into the ethernet, even if nobody else ever sees them, 'cause it was a very small boost for my very dessicated/decimated ego, after a really, REALLY shitty year. When you lose 6 of your supposed best friends AND get fucked-over by almost every single fucked-up member of your so-called "family" in one year, you grasp at whatever fragile ego straws you can find. So sue me.

These are from a couple months ago, with my beloved great-nephew, as we try to "box" with only one pair of inflatable "boxing gloves." More goofiness than sport, but I don't totally suck in 'em. You can't really tell that the back brace is what's making me look like I have a "waistline," but that's okay. Be nice if we had technology that could make me look like I had ANKLES, wouldn't it?

Damn if I don't still miss my HAIR... *sigh* Gonna take another 2 years to get it back, too. Pantene had damned well better use my ponytail for those wigs, y'heard me?

Pantene Beautiful Lengths program of making real-hair wigs for ADULT WOMEN who are fighting cancer. Nothing against Locks of Love (though the scum @ Fucktastic Sam's makes them look really, really bad, at least to me & mine...), but every fucking thing in this country is "FOR THE CHILLLLLLDRENNNNNN," so it does my heart good to see something FOR WOMEN for a change, dammit, and not just in their capacity of Uterus-For-Rent, y'know?

3 comments:

CC McGoon said...

I love the cigarette! Great pics, but the cig is the cherry on top of the ice cream. It reminds me of the day I was hiking in Palo Duro Canyon with friends last year. We were on a path that went uphill and by the time we made it to the top, the three smokers (me included) were completely breathless. We immediately remedied that situation by lighting up. Nicotene was much more important that mere oxygen.

I'm with you on rarely taking good pictures. It only happens once every three years and when that time comes, I need to show it to everyone on the planet.

Anntichrist S. Coulter said...

Y'know, I didn't even remember having HAD the cig in my mouth when the pictures were taken, but then, how often do we really THINK about smoking, except when we're having a nicotine fit?

My hair looked damned good, though. That's the remarkable part. Well, that, and that my granny-arm flab wasn't waving in the wind as we were boxing...

I'm gonna miss that back brace, it almost makes me look like I have a waistline...

Anntichrist S. Coulter said...

BTW, you are a brave young soul, to hike that canyon. Hell, I was out of breath from just standing on the rim, taking pictures! Of course, it WAS very windy that day (is it ever NOT windy?), but still... you make me feel so damned old... hiking Palo Duro with a bunch of smokers... What's next, the Grand Canyon?