Wednesday, March 18, 2009

...and in the EVEN MORE FUN department... part 2

... Instead of hocking-up those nasty, slimy, turd-looking wads of pure disgusting as their highly-inefficient digestive systems are supposed to do, the mineral oil & other stuff in the hairball-treatment treats are supposed to shove the hairballs down into the digestive system, so that they wind-up semi-digested and in the litterbox, instead of cold & slimy on your floor, right where you put your foot when you get out of bed in the morning or afternoon. And apparently, after 11-plus years of these things, and then being moved back indoors when transferred here to L'Hotel du Fucktards, despite the multiple supplements, indoor treats, and overpriced cat-grass-growing kits, they've formed some sort of hairball PLUG somewhere in their digestive tracts.

I'm at my wit's end, I've tried everything from low-power dulcolax to vegetable oil to salad greens to things you do NOT want me to describe. Aging sucks, in other words. And not just for humans. And while my vet's office has been kind enough to give me advice over the phone, I don't think that that's going to be enough. I don't want my babies to wind-up dying like that beautiful orange-sherbet-colored boy who was starved & run-over by a car, because I'm not a veterinarian.
I am going to try to get them to the LSU Vet School, (the heroic people who did SO much good work during & after Katrina) to see if they have sliding-scale rates for people on fixed incomes, because they have x-ray equipment and other technology not readily available up here in Hillbilly HellHole. The last thing I need right now is to lose my chirrens. They've hardly eaten over the past 2.5 weeks, they've not produced anything but urine and tiny BBs of solid waste, and that is not a good thing. Sorry to gross y'all out with the cat details, I do understand that not everybody on the innernets is a cat person or ever wants to know anything ABOUT a cat's digestive system or the grosser aspects of cats with Maine Coon blood in 'em.

And yes, I've noticed how often I've pan-handled for help over the past six months, and it is not something that I'm proud of, by any means. If I could get a part-time job just to subsidize my cats and the semi-ferals outside (who've run out of food early this month and are now eating into Biddy & Boy's food), believe me, I'd do it in a fucking heartbeat. As soon as I can get my neck surgically fixed. Yeah, we've got ANOTHER one coming up, so y'all M.O.B. bloggers who've been taking it easy around here better get off yer asses pretty shortly and start contributing, 'cause Annti won't be around as much, after we get it scheduled somewhere OTHER THAN Our Lady Of Perpetual Bigotry. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me three times... well, you can't get fooled again." So to speak.

Thanks for listening/reading, and as always, for being my friends. Your help has never been forgotten or taken for granted. I wish that I could promise to pay all of y'all back, but barring a powerball hit, I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

No comments: