Friday, June 6, 2008

Clusterfuck '08 Update

I was strolling through the booths looking for anything worth buying when I heard a guy to my right ask me if I want a sticker. Why the hell not, I thought, offering my finger for him to stick it on. When I looked my little gift, I was met with "Pro-Life Democrats". I looked up at the asshole who would hand me such a thing and, smiling, he said "People have the impression that all Democrats are pro-choice, but we're going to change that. We pro-life Democrats do exist."

Well, motherfuck. I certainly could have lived without knowing that. There's nothing like coming to a convention in hopes of finally being surrounded by like-minded people only to find out that some are so proud of their hatred for woman that they'll use it as a conversation starter. I was not impressed.

I just made my way back to the press room to post this and was met by a blogger from central Texas who said that when he tried to go to to a caucus nearby and was told that there were no more seats available. If he wanted to stay, he'd have to stand. This was the Democrats with Disablilities caucus by the way.

Well, I'm heading back to the crowds now. I'll try to post again soon with more Texas Democratic happenings. See ya in a bit.

1 comment:

Anntichrist S. Coulter said...

Jeebush H. Chee-rist.

Hate to say it, but the looney-toons over there are making OUR looney-toons look almost SANE.

Almost.